June 23, 2015
The Microsoft Certified Solution Developer certification validates a candidate’s expertise in designing and building application solutions which may span multiple versions of a single technology or integrate multiple technologies. There are currently 3 tracks to earn this certification: MCSD: Windows Store Apps, MCSD: Web Applications, and MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management. We’ll be highlighting the MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management here!
Who is This Certification for?
This IT certification is aimed at those who would like to establish their expertise in managing the lifespan of application development, and who want a competitive advantage for application engineer, IT project manager, and developer positions. The MCSD: ALM develops your expertise in managing the ALM process, proves your ability to increase productivity and quality, as well as accelerate development cost-effectively.
This achievement does require training, passing three exams, and recertification every 2 years. According to a Microsoft’s Born to Learn Training and Certification community, developers who achieve this challenging certification must regularly demonstrate their up-to-date and relevant skills on rapidly changing development technologies through recertification.This can be done by taking exam 70-499, which carries a fee of $150.
The 3 exams address the following:
- 70-496: Administering Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012
- 70-497: Software Testing with Visual Studio 2012
- 70-498: Delivering Continuous Value with Visual Studio 2012 Application Lifecycle Management
Each exam is $150, and pricing can vary outside of the United States. Here are some references to help with exam preparation and resources:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy offers a jump start training, to view click here
- Exam reference materials, practice tests, instructor-led training, and Microsoft online resources are available here
- Take a look at the MCSD- ALM flyer for more information and view the skills development roadmap
Validate your expertise in Application Lifecycle Management by receiving this MCSD certification!
How will having the Microsoft Certified Solution Developer- Applications Lifestyle Management add to your skill-set and benefit your organization?
Check out our other IT certification profiles here!
Posted By: Anastasia Hoosman