March 24, 2015
Here at York, we are focused on company culture and the value of our employees. Getting to know our employees is the best way to understand who we are. This week, ‘cast your hooks and reel in’ Dustin Schwichtenberg, Director of Consulting Services at York Solutions and Community Director at Think IT Association, and his passion for building the IT community and his love for outdoor adventures!
1. Can you tell us a little bit about your role?I’m an Account Director for York Solutions and am focused on developing and growing new and existing business here in the Twin Cities. In addition, I also help IT leaders get involved with Think IT, and grow their professional careers.
2. Where did you go to school?I graduated from the University of Minnesota, Duluth with a B.B.A.
3. What drew you to York Solutions? What drew me to York is the leadership in place, and I loved the idea of Think IT and giving back to the IT community. York isn’t just a body shop like the majority of other firms out there. York genuinely adds value to the lives and professional careers of many IT individuals. In addition, the leadership here has created an open environment where people can share their ideas, and can grow their own careers to their fullest potential, knowing they have the complete support of their management. I did a fair amount of research on York prior to joining the team, and our leadership team has made quite the name for themselves in the IT community.
4. What has been your biggest accomplishment since working here? Since starting at York I feel my biggest accomplishment has been helping new IT professionals get involved with Think IT, and introducing them to other like-minded leaders around town. Some individuals are looking to grow their network, while others are looking to collaborate with someone else surrounding a specific issue they’re currently facing in their organization. To be able to help others by making a simple introduction is a great way to pay it forward, and has been very rewarding.
5. Why do you like coming to work every day? I see every day as a new challenge, and new chance to grow our business!
6. Who has influenced you the most, either professionally or personally? My father has been my biggest influence both professionally and personally. He has always pushed me to do the best I possibly can in every situation, to put in a hard day’s work, and that the key to success lies in helping others.
7. How do you spend your time outside of the office? Most of my time outside of the office is spent with family and friends, and typically it involves some type of outdoor activity. I absolutely love the outdoors; anything from fishing, hunting, camping, or simply taking my Golden to the dog park.
8. Do you have a hidden talent or something interesting that most people do not know about you? I love to fly fish. I’ve fished all sorts of rivers streams in Utah, Colorado, Montana, and of course Minnesota. I think it’s a great past time tradition to keep alive, and is a fun way to get outside.
9. What is your favorite quote or what motivates you?
– “Every person you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind.”
Posted By: Anastasia Hoosman